Terms & Conditions1. Your Contract with us.
When you sign the form you accept conditions set out in this rental agreement. PLEASE READ THE AGREEMENT CAREFULLY IF THERE IS ANYTHING YOU DO NOT UNDERSTAND, PLEASE TELEPHONE 01722 340269.
2. Rental Period.
You will have the vehicle for the rental period shown in the agreement. We may agree to extend this rental period, but the rental period may never exceed 1 calendar month.
If you do not bring the vehicle back on time you are breaking the terms of this agreement. We can charge you for every day or part-day you have the vehicle after you should have returned it to us. Until we get the vehicle back we will charge you the daily rate published on this website.
3. Your responsibilities.
- You must look after the vehicle and the keys to the vehicle. You must always lock the vehicle when you are not using it, and use any security device fitted or supplied with the vehicle. You must always protect the vehicle against bad weather that can cause damage. You must make sure you use the correct fuel.
- You are responsible for any damage to the vehicle caused by hitting low-level objects, such as bridges or low branches.
- You must not sell, rent or dispose of the vehicle or any of its parts. You must not give anyone legal rights over the vehicle.
- You must not let anyone work on the vehicle without our permission. If we do give permission, we will only give a refund if you have a receipt for the work.
- You must let us know as soon as possible if you become aware of a fault with the vehicle.
- You must bring the vehicle back to the place we agreed, during the opening hours displayed at the place. One of our staff must see the vehicle to check that it is in good condition. If we have agreed that you may return the vehicle outside business hours you will remain responsible for the vehicle and its condition until it is reinspected by a member of staff.
- You will have to pay reasonable costs of repair if:
- We have to pay extra costs to return the vehicle to its condition when the pre-rental inspection was carried out (for example, if extra valeting time or special material or equipment is needed to restore the vehicle to its pre-rental condition); or
- You have damaged the inside of the vehicle.
- h. Before you bring back the vehicle you must make sure that yopu have not left any personal belongings in the vehicle.
We have maintained the vehicle to at least the manufacturer's recommended standard. We assure you that the vehicle is roadworthy and suitable for renting at the start of the rental period. Also, if you are not renting the vehicle for business purposes, we are responsible for loss caused by:
- the vehicle is not matching the description of it;
- the vehicle not being of the quality that you would be entitled to expect from a rental vehicle;
- the vehicle not being fit to drive; or
- us not having the legal right to rent out the vehicle.
We are only responsible for loss or damage to property left in the vehicle if the loss or damage results in our negligence or a breach of contract.
6. Conditions for using the vehicle.
The vehicle must only be driven by you and any other named driver named on the agreement, or by anyone else we authorise in writing. Anyone driving the vehicle must have a full driving licence.
You and any other authorised driver must not:
- use the vehicle for hire or reward;
- use the vehicle for any illegal purpose;
- use the vehicle for racing, pace-making, testing the vehicle reliability and speed, or teaching someone to drive;
- use the vehicle whilst under the influence of alcohol or drugs;
- drive the vehicle outside England, Scotland, and Wales, unless we have given you written permission;
- load the vehicle beyond the manufacturer's maximum weight recommendations and make sure that the weight is secured safely,
- if the vehicle is a commercial vehicle, use it for the purpose for which you need an operator's licence if you do not have one.
You or any other authorised driver must not use the vehicle for towing unless we have given you written permission.
We work out our charges using our current price list, as published on this website. You will pay the following charges.
- The rental and any other charges we work out according to this agreement.
- Any charge or loss or damage resulting from you not keeping to condition 3.
- A refueling service charge if you have used, and not replaced, the quantity of fuel that we have supplied at the start of the original rental. The charge will be based on the rates printed on this website or the place you have rented the vehicle from (or both).
- All fines and court costs for parking, traffic or other offences (including any costs that arise that if the vehicle is clamped). You must pay the appropriate authority any fines and costs if and when the authority demands payment. If you do not, you will be responsible to pay our reasonable administration charges which arise when we deal with these matters.
- The reasonable cost of repairing any extra damage which was not noted on our damage control diagram (when collecting the vehicle at the start of the agreement), whether you were at fault or not (depending on 4). And the reasonable cost of replacing the vehicle if it is stolen, depending on any insurance you have (as set out in 8), if and when we demand the payment.
- A loss-of-income charge, when we demand it, if we cannot rent out the vehicle because it needs to be repaired, if it is a write-off (can't be repaired) or it has been stolen and we are waiting to receive full payment of the vehicle's value. We will only charge you for loss of income if we can't get back the losses under the Damage Protection Programme. We will charge you at the published daily rate and we will never charge you for more than 30 days' rental charges. We will always do everything we can to make sure the vehicle is repaired or we get payment as soon as possible.
- Any charges arising from Customs and Excise seizing the vehicle, together with loss-of-income charge while we can not rent out the vehicle, if and when we demand this payment.
- Any published rates for delivering and collecting the vehicle.
- Interest which we will add every day to any amount you do not pay use on time.
- Valued added tax and all other taxes on any of the charges listed above as appropriate.
9. Your own insurance.
If we fill in the appropriate box on the agreement you may arrange your own insurance for the full duration of the rental as long as you can prove that the insurance is valid and have signed the confirmation over the page. We have to agree to the amount of cover you can arrange, the type of policy and the insurer you have chosen. We must be satisfied with the cover and policy conditions, and you must not change them. We may ask your insurers to record our name as owners of the vehicle. If the vehicle is damaged or stolen you will let us negotiate with the insurers about whether the vehicle can be repaired what compensation is due to us. You are financially responsible for settling the full claim and paying all costs if the policy you have arranged fails and the vehicle is damaged, lost or stolen, or a claim is made by another party.
10. What to do if you have an accident.
If you have an accident you must not admit responsibility. You should get the names and addresses of everyone involved, including witnesses. You should also:
- make the vehicle secure.
- tell the police straight away if anyone is injured or there is a disagreement over who is responsible; and
- call us straight away.
11. Data Protection.
You agree that we may use any information you have given us to carry out our own market research. If you break the agreement we can give this information to credit reference agencies, the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Authority (DVLA), debt collectors and any other relevant organisation. We can also give this information to the British Vehicle Rental and Leasing Association (BVRLA), who can pass it on to any of its members for any purpose shown in the Data Protection Act 1998.
12. Ending the Agreement.
- If you are a consumer we will end this agreement straight away, if we find out that your belongings have been taken away from you to pay pay off your debts, or receiving order has been made against you. We may end this agreement if you do not meet the main requirements of this agreement.
- If you are a company, we will end this agreement straight away if;
- you go into liquidation
- you call a meeting of creditors
- we find out that your goods have been taken away from you to pay off your debts, or
- you do not meet any of the conditions of this agreement.
- If we end this agreement it will not affect our right to receive any money we are owed under the conditions of this agreement. We can also claim reasonable costs from you if you do not meet the main requirements of this agreement. We can repossess the vehicle (and charge you a reasonable amount) without using unreasonable force or damage.
13. Governing Law.
This agreement is governed by the laws of the country in which it is signed. Any dispute may be settled in the courts of that country.